Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Inspiration Wall

My inspiration wall started off simply enough - I saved the page from the Free Press of the 2009 marathon route and hung it on the back of my front door. I knew I would see it every time I left the house and it's in clear view of the couch, so perhaps seeing it would motivate me when I wasn't feeling it. Simple enough, right?

It was fine until New Year's Eve when I sat down for an hour and wrote out what I accomplished in the past year and what I want to accomplish in the coming years. As soon as this was printed, it also went up, this time on the wall adjacent to the front door (When I have company I try to keep the door open because not many people get to read the wall...). In addition to seeing the race route, every time I leave the house, I also see exactly what I want to accomplish in 2010.

My inspiration wall now contains a hodge podge of quotes, song lyrics and magazine pages, as well as pictures of my car with the caption "Justification for Higher Education."

An inspiration collage isn't the best look for every room, but it reminds me of what's important, of what I want to do with my life. It's ultimately all about who and what I want to be. Rather than letting that guy be my cheerleader, I've become my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment