Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Motivational Problems

I've been having serious motivational problems this week and weekend. It's not even that I'm busy working or sick or anything, I just don't want to run! I dragged myself back to the Y today - I know I'll need to run in the rain at some point but after a 7-hour work meeting, today was not the day. Once I got started, inertia got me through 4 miles, but it wasn't fun. I wouldn't say I hated it, but I definitely would have preferred biking or pretty much anything else. The endorphins felt good and I'm glad I went but I really wasn't feeling it. It would be easy to blame the weather, but then what's my excuse for Sunday and Monday?

Please share any ideas for getting motivated to run when you don't want to.

1 comment:

  1. Having a partner or a running club, especially when its someone that runs more than you, is what helps me.

    ReplyDelete