Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Maybe there's something to this morning running thing

I was up before 6 this morning and for a few minutes seriously considered getting up and running. I came to my senses, however, and went back to sleep. I was up for good at 9:30 and immediately tested the weather to determine if I was running early or late. I opened the window and the humidity hit me like a blast oven. Yet I knew it would only get worse so I figured why not? and left before I could talk myself out of it.

When I left home it was very hot and humid so I wore shorts and a tank, but when I started a quick warm-up walk it was cold and made me wish for a long sleeve t-shirt. By the time I started running, it was hot again. What's that line about Michigan weather? If you don't like it wait a few minutes...

Running early on Saturday felt great, but today, not so much. I had to stop once for water, but I wasn't really dehydrated, so much as bored. For as miserable as I felt, though, I did the same distance as on Saturday but finished 19 seconds faster today.

After I finished I enjoyed the rest of the day knowing I didn't have the run hanging over my head. I think there's really something to be said about getting up and getting it over with. Now if only work didn't get in the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment