Thursday, June 24, 2010

No turning back now

Registering before the end of June saves runners $15 on the entry cost (it starts at $75 and increases the closer you register to the actual race). I knew this all along and I also knew that it's near the end of June but it didn't click until last night when I finally realized I need to get this taken care of! So I hopped online and within 4 minutes was all signed up for the marathon. I'm conservative with my finances, so now that I've shelled out $75 I'm determined to finish!

The registration had me estimate my finishing time to place me in the appropriate starting wave. It was broken down into 10 minute increments so I chose 4:40 - 4:50. Perhaps a little wishful thinking - I really had no idea beyond somewhere between 4:30 and 6:00.

The confirmation message had an uplifting signature: "We'll see you at the finish line October 17. You can do this." Thanks for the vote of confidence, Freep!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on registering!!

    I enjoy your musings and I look for the day when I run into you in the Park!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carrie. Be sure to say hi when you see me!

    ReplyDelete