Saturday, August 21, 2010

SUCCESS!!!

I had to walk a decent amount yesterday - the farthest I've walked since the injury - and Mom said I was limping. I didn't notice or feel it, which tells me that it wasn't bad, or else I have completely gotten used to it. Today was absolute perfect running weather. It was 70 and just enough of a drizzle to cool off. Unfortunately I didn't get to run the 16 miles I had scheduled.

While cleaning the house, however, (that's a great trade-off!!!!) I didn't notice my leg, which is to say I didn't notice any pain or discomfort or limp. So I started jumping in place, alternating feet. Jumping both feet has always been fine, but alternating always hurt the right one. Today, it was great, so I started running laps around my 10'x14' living room and that felt great too. Hallelujah! Granted I was barefoot so taking lighter steps and they were most likely smaller strides than when I'm really running, but this is the first time in six weeks I've been able to put any downward force on my right leg and not crumble immediately. Please don't let this be a fluke!!!!!!

Congratulations to CDB and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment