Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thank goodness for Tigers day games

The past three Sundays and today I have had a hot date (for one) at the Y. I don't know what's going on with the marathon - I'm still hanging on to the idea of running the half - but I do know I need to keep exercising both to keep my heart and lungs strong, and also to make sure I don't gain back any of the weight I lost.

To these ends, Tigers day games have become elliptical time. The game is typically the only thing I want to watch all day, so rather than sit at home and watch it, I make sure I'm at the Y right when it starts, I hop on the elliptical directly underneath it and I go for two hours. Is it boring? Considering I'm basically standing still, it's not that bad. The Tigers distract me and the time goes fairly quickly. Thank goodness for day games - the Tigers are pretty much the only thing that could get me to elliptical for that long! It's worth it - today I had to cut it short to 1:47:00 and I burnt 1296 calories, so after the few hours, I can eat pretty much anything all day. Not a bad trade-off!

No comments:

Post a Comment