Some people look really nice when they work out. My mom even wears makeup when she goes to the Y. Such things never even cross my mind, as my workout attire is 100% functional, without the least regard for how I look...
Everything I wear on Sunday will have a clear purpose:
- my grandma's old bandana keeps the sweat out of my eyes and my hair off my face
- UnderArmour sports bra
- Hot pink Pistons jersey. It's sleeveless so I don't have to worry about underarm chafing and the material wicks. Plus I like the color :)
- DanSkin tri shorts. Much like bike shorts, but with a band of rubber to grip my thighs and prevent riding up. They have two pockets intended for Gu or Clifbars, but I use them more for the iPod and house keys.
- Wool five finger socks - grey instead of white to hide the dirt better. Wool to wick.
- Shoes to protect my little piggies.
- Polarized sunglasses to protect my light sensitive eyes. Yes, I wear them long before sunrise and in the rain.
- I will also be sporting Salvation Army gloves and a sweatshirt in the beginning to be discarded once they have served their purposes. I wonder what the organizers do with all the roadside clothing? I sure hope they donate it somewhere.
And of course, the pink iPod (that coincidentally matches the jersey lol). The Freep says "The Detroit Free Press Marathon strongly discourages the wearing of music devices. Participants must be alert to their surroundings and able to hear medical emergency vehicles, motorcycles, buses and official marathon vehicles. For your safety and the safety of those around you, we strongly urge you to run headphone-free."
I know the entertainment stations are going to be great, but I've trained for eleven months with the same playlist - I can't give it up now!