Monday, November 29, 2010

13% done

It's day 4 of the inaugural 30-day challenge and I'm hanging in there! Friday was all around easy, Saturday it was extremely difficult to leave the house! I woke up at 9:30 and thought I could hit the Y before the debacle of the Michigan game at noon. Instead it was just after 6:30 when I took my first step. What happened to my day??? Despite the late start, I still got in 30 minutes. The problem, however, is that on the way home I kept thinking about Jet's Pizza and this greasy Mexican dive I haven't been to in months. I had some pork chops instead. Sigh.

Sunday was easy enough until the family visited and got Mexican food. I was quite content with mac and cheese, thank you :) Today was easy enough as well. It was sunny after work so I passed on the Y and power walked outside. Most days once I start exercising I feel like I could easily do a full hour. It's getting started that's so difficult! Likewise the food is easy enough, just takes a little more thought and planning.

A great side effect is how much money I've been saving. On Friday, rather than a $13 Jets Pizza (that would last 3 or 4 days), I had a $2 Trader Joe's noodles and sauce with some baby carrots and broccoli (virtually free). If I can save $25 a week, I've saved enough for 2 massages :D

You're all missing out on this challenge! It's great! (It doesn't hurt that I've lost 1.4 pounds of water weight since Friday. I'm hoping to lose 5 in the 30 days.)

No comments:

Post a Comment