Wednesday, December 29, 2010

30-Day Challenge - Mission Successful!!!

Christmas was the last day of the 30-day challenge and I'm happy to say I completed all three components for the entire 30 days.

Yet I'm not saying it was easy and each of the three parts had their own difficult times.

No fast food or carry out was the hardest the first two weeks, when I was craving Jets Pizza and again the last few days, when I had already proven I could do it and just wanted to eat normal again. I had Jets for lunch on the 26th....and I discovered a new Thai restaurant in Southgate that is really good! (In the little plaza at the intersection of Dix and Eureka).

No alcohol was only an issue on Christmas when I had dinner with friends and they had no fewer than 15 bottles of wine, all of which smelled delicious. Fresca was almost as good. I had a beer with my pizza the next day and the man at 7-11 told me to not drink and drive :D

Exercising was really only difficult the few days I was sick. Otherwise it was sometimes a little hectic to exercise while working a day job and a night job, but it was a great addition to my life. So great, in fact, that I haven't stopped and as of this writing, completed 34 consecutive days of exercising. I'm going to keep going as long as I can, with the ultimate goal of 100 days, which will take me to March 5. I can do this!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment