Friday, January 7, 2011

The Shoes. Again. Still. Ugh

I'm seemingly right back where I was in the last few weeks leading up to the marathon in that I have no idea which shoes to wear! I've been wearing the Vibrams and they feel great!!!! At least they do as long as I keep it under two miles. I did 2.5 miles on Thursday and I have residual next day upper foot bone pain.

Why did I wear the Vibrams for that distance? Because I wore the Mizunos on Wednesday and within a half mile - a half mile!!! - both my legs were getting charlie horses right above the achilles area. I didn't have the Vibrams with me so I ditched the shoes and ran barefoot. The cramps went away and I finished just fine.

What an absolute pain!!!! Shoes are just a tad bit important when it comes to running and I'm officially training for a race, with no clue as to which shoes work best for me. Argh! Frustration!

I also thought perhaps it's not the shoes - because the gray Mizunos got me through the marathon - perhaps it's overtraining and this is my body's way of saying 42 days in too many? To test that theory, today is a "rest" day from running, so instead of biking, I'm going to hit the weights and generally try to not use my legs today.

1 comment:

  1. For athletes proper pair of shoes is really necessary! Otherwise athlete can't survive..

    ReplyDelete