Sunday, April 10, 2011

A really lousy plan

After I lost 26 pounds, my maintenance plan became to eat whatever I want within reason, and to workout a lot. It's great because I like food, but I also like the endorphins and muscles from working out. When the weight started coming back, I'd go back to the Daily Plate for a few weeks to get things under control again. When I think about it rationally, I know this is not a good plan, and it will work only for as long as I have a speedy metabolism. I always figured I'd deal with that when I got older.

Well except I haven't been able to really work out in a month and remember the 8.2 pounds I lost in January and February? 6 are back already. I should have seen that as a huge neon sign to eat less, but I like food! As it is, as soon as I get exercise clearance, I'm going to run again to train for races and rebuild my leg muscles, but I'm also going to elliptical so I can keep eating. Bad bad plan. It works when I can maintain it, but it's pretty much a primer for "how to maintain your weight in a really lousy way..."

Although I tried on a pair of jeans yesterday that I know I wore in 10th grade and possibly earlier. Despite the six pounds, they fit! I could zip them. I could move around comfortably. Hallelujah! The style is such that I won't wear them, but what a great litmus test!

1 comment:

  1. There are those who use resistance training and those who resist to training
    A healthy Life Style has it'Rewards waiting for YOU

    ReplyDelete