Saturday, May 7, 2011

Good form technique #1

The first component of good form running is good posture. Jared went through all the mechanics, but here's the gist of it: Stand with your feet directly under your hips, with your knees neutral (ie not hyperextended). Look straight ahead and raise your arms straight above your head. He called this a "posture reset." Relax your arms to your sides, without moving any other part of your body. You have just established a good posture. Simple as that.

The first time I tried running with the good form techniques, also the first time I tried running after getting dr. clearance, I ran .1 or .2 miles then walked .2 miles. Every time I changed to walking, I did a posture reset. Even when I'm at work or walking around the house, if I catch myself with bad posture, I stop, reach toward the sky and fix it.

Step one: good posture. Simple, effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment