Saturday, May 21, 2011

Good form technique #4

Good form running technique 4 is to lean from the ankles, maintaining a straight body line. This is the component I understand the least and therefore have the most problem implementing. If I lean forward, I feel like I'm going to fall on my face. I understand it supports the good posture idea, and that bending at the waist or the shoulders would ruin the posture, but I'm struggling with this one.

The good news is that Jared suggested implementing one component at a time. I already have the cadence under control (#3). Mid foot striking (#2) follows as a result of the cadence. I continually work on maintaining good posture (#1), so I have three of the ideas already implemented or in progress. #4 will be on the long term agenda :)

No comments:

Post a Comment