Monday, June 27, 2011

Bucket List #9 - another step completed


The Tigers publish their next season schedule in the fall and I very soon thereafter make my summer travel arrangements so I can follow *ahem* stalk them to NL parks. This year they made three trips - Pittsburgh and LA, both of which I've already seen, and Denver, which obviously became my summer destination. Even better than seeing my Tigers? Ricky pitched!!!

How was the park? Great, but I think it was more the intangibles that I liked. Such as, Ricky pitched, and I had the greatest seat I've enjoyed thus far - 14 rows behind home plate. The score was a total debacle, but the people were nice, there were tons of Tigers fans and the food was good and not too overpriced.


The only real criteria I have of ballparks is that I be able to see the field from every place on the concourse. Aside from the batter's eye, Coors Field met this criteria. The promotion was a Taco Bell t-shirt. Not too sure what I'll do with that one...

Another great? Phil Coke and Andy Dirks added to my 2011 ball (joining Ryan Perry).


Plus Ricky pitched!!!!











The guy sitting next to me said the purple seats are exactly a mile above sea level.



There are 30 MLB parks and Denver was the 16th I've visited.

The parks in my own personal order from best to worst:
1. PetCo Park - San Diego
1 tie. Great American Ballpark - Cincinnati
3. Angels Stadium of Anaheim - Anaheim
4. Busch Stadium - St. Louis
5. Tiger Stadium / Comerica Park - Detroit
6. Yankee Stadium (the old one) - New York
7. Jacobs Field - Cleveland
8. Coors Field - Denver
9. PNC Park - Pittsburgh
10. Turner Field - Atlanta
11. The Metrodome - Minneapolis
12. The Oakland Alameda County Coliseum - Oakland
12 tie. The Rodgers Centre - Toronto
14. AT&T Park - San Francisco
15. Shea Stadium - New York
16. Dodger Stadium - Los Angeles

What's next????

No comments:

Post a Comment