Saturday, July 2, 2011

Bucket list #23 - about half done

Visiting Colorado marked another state I've been to, and another step closer to visiting all 50 states. Here are some good pictures of the city:

The 16th St. pedestrian mall, planned by IM Pei.

The view from the dome atop the Capitol.

Cow statues. Mooooooo

The US Mint. No, I didn't go inside - security was worse than an airport. I'll watch the National Geographic channel :D

The flagship REI store

Rain outside REI

A big blue bear peeking into the Convention Center.

I wonder though, does it really count for visiting Colorado? I saw one city, I didn't go into the mountains, I didn't ski. By the same logic, have I really visited Minnesota? I went to the ballpark and the mall for an hour. Does spending 6 hours in a state mean I've seen it? There are other states I'm not sure I've visited. I think I drove through Arkansas en route to New Orleans, but I'm not sure, and if I got out of the car, it was only to get gas or buy snacks. I changed planes in Arizona, but I don't count that. I need to develop some criteria!

I have visited:
Alabama
Arkansas?
California
Colorado
Florida
Georgia
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kentucky
Louisiana
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
New Jersey?
New York
North Carolina?
Ohio
Pennsylvania
South Carolina?
Tennessee
Wisconsin (drive through only)

1 comment:

  1. I had the same question when I started counting my states! Most of the ones I traveled through on my way to get somewhere, I didn't actually do anything but travel so I figure if I was going through a state to visit another it doesn't count. But if I ever actually did stuff in a sate, I'm sure I'd change my criteria. Good luck visiting all of yours!

    ReplyDelete