Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 130 - Baby kittens and fierce dinosaurs

Any time I'm sick, I envision my muscles like those of a little baby kitten - weak, not used very much, not good for much other than saying "mew" in a tiny, pathetic little voice. Last Saturday I spent the entire day on the couch, so all my muscles had to do was breathe and keep my heart ticking and blood moving. I wasn't eating, so there was no need for digestion. I wasn't even sitting up, much less standing.

It was a day of complete and absolute apathy, both mentally and physically. I like the kittens, but the last thing I want 7 ish weeks from the race are baby kitten muscles!

I'd much rather be a fierce animal like a dinosaur or a dragon. Strong muscles able to do anything my mind says, muscles that will run as long as I tell them to, muscles that will tear down and destroy anything that interferes with the race. RAWR!

I've been working hard this week to forget the baby kitten ever visited and re-establish the inner fierceness that says "Challenge? Bring it!!! I've been waiting for you!" The workouts have all been good - bike 6.96, run 4, bike 11.63, run 4.

Now stay healthy for 7 weeks and 2 days!!!

2 comments:

  1. We saw a baby tiger and a baby lion last night at Outdoorama. The lion was the size of your cat. The tiger was smaller than Lacey was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the tiger is the way to go, but the kitten so cute. I like the kitten...

    ReplyDelete