Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Day 171 - The Breakfast of Champions


I was at the grocery store on Tuesday so I picked up my pre-race meal, two Met-RX meal replacement bars and a can of Red Bull. I will surely have an English muffin with peanut butter and jelly as well.

The morning of the Free Press I woke up at 4am, just to eat and I still didn't have nearly enough calories (among many other problems). My goal this year is at least 1200 calories before the race, but without the queasy feeling.

I've been eating better the last weeks before the race, trying to not eat processed food, yet the pre-race breakfast is pure sugar and chemicals. Irony.

It sure sounds like the breakfast of champions to me!

1 comment:

  1. Make sure you try that combo out ahead of time. They say to never eat anything on race day, that you haven't eaten before. That includes from the aid stations, which is why, I like to carry my own gel on my race belt.

    ReplyDelete