Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 177 - If I can get through this

Another of my favorite sites is Post Secret. A number of years ago, one was posted that I saved to my computer. The front was a man crossing the finish line at the Free Press marathon, looking exhausted beyond belief, sporting the green number that signifies a first timer. Here was the back of the card:


I hope he realizes that he can do ANYTHING. He can do EVERYTHING he wants. Anyone who can commit to a 6-month goal and stick to it every single day, anyone who can drag their body through hours of pain and misery just to accomplish a goal, they can do anything!

There's a new song with the same message by the band Art of Dying. The beat is too soft for the ultimate 4-hour cardio playmix, but I like the words, so it's there, 4 songs from the end.

If I can get through this
I can get through anything
If I can make it through this
I can get through anything
I promise you

If I can get through this
I can get through that
I know it's not easy
just a matter of fact

If I can get through this
If I can get through this
If I can get through this
If I can get through this


I absolutely believe EVERYONE can run a marathon. It just takes a lot of time and an endless amount of dedication / delusion. With the mental conviction to say "Yup, I can do the impossible," anything is possible. See you at the finish line!

No comments:

Post a Comment