Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day 178 - T-minus 67 hours

With three days left, I bought my disposable clothing. I always make that one of the last things because I worry that picking it up any earlier would jinx me and my running. With three days and a total of 6 miles between me and the starting line, I feel pretty confident I'll show up Saturday morning :)

I went to the Salvation Army and they seriously did not have a single sweatshirt or fleece jacket in the store. What the heck? Luckily it dawned on me that it's Wednesday and my church has a thrift store open only on Wednesday mornings until noon. It was 11:42 when I left the Salvation Army and headed to church.

They had an abundance to choose from! Jackets, sweatshirts, sweaters, everything I could want and for cheaper than the Salvation Army. I had been thinking green initially, but I wound up with a navy blue fleece (with a big pocket for tissue!!!), a red hat and navy striped gloves. Everything kinda matches and the hat will bring out the red in my knee socks :) Not bad for $3.50!



Now I wash it all in HOT water with LOTS of soap!!!! The fleece is cute. Why do I keep getting cute jackets, knowing full well I'm going to throw them away???

No comments:

Post a Comment