Thursday, May 24, 2012

Crawling the Walls


I WANT TO EXERCISE!!!!! Thursday was the day to test it out. My ankle feels fine, especially when it's wrapped. I get an occasional twinge when I move it suddenly and laterally, but forward and back motion feels fine.

I read online that a sprain can take up to 12 weeks to heal, but it IS possible to run on a sprain, if the runner makes absolutely positive her ankle is stabilized to prevent ANY lateral motion, as that is the site of structural weakness. I don't have time to rest for 12 weeks. That would take me almost to Labor Day and I would likely gain 25 pounds in the process :(

I had to get back in the game today. Just to err on the side of caution, I found an AirCast and wrapped it tightly before trying anything. Headed to the Y and biked 30 easy minutes. Ok, it was actually a terrible bike. I wasn't breathing hard and the only reason I broke a sweat was because it was in the upper 80s. My ankle felt fine during the bike ride. I came straight home and iced it immediately, even before showering and repeated an hour later. I tried to keep it elevated as much as possible all night.

I can't tell if it feels any differently. The swelling seems down, but there are two more bruises. None of the three bruises hurt. I just don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment