Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I feel better?

I love shoes. I don't know how many pairs I have, but I'd guess somewhere between 200 and 300. I have every style and every color. I have different pairs of the same type of shoe (4 black dressy sandals, 2 different black knee high boot, etc.), I have the exact same shoes in different colors. Shoes shoes shoes, I can't get enough! The only problem....I don't like WEARING shoes!

Everyone dresses like this for work, right???
As soon as I get home from work, even before I take off my jacket or set down my purse, I take off my shoes right in the doorway. My feet don't like the hot, confined feeling of shoes. I'd wear house slippers to work if I could.

It was back to work day and I had to give an all-day presentation to a group of 17 teachers. I wore a really nice dress and... my Mizunos? My boss laughed at me but understood completely what I was wearing and why.

I was on my feet most of the day, but my ankle feels pretty ok. Not great, but the stability is helping, the cushioning underfoot is helping. I almost feel ready to run!

My yoga studio has a new class tonight called yoga for runners. They go on an optional run then do yoga afterward. It might behoove me to run in a group the first time in case I get hurt again. That way, someone would be able to help me back, or send help. Tempting...

Oh yeah, I didn't buy all the shoes recently. I've worn the same size since 6th grade and I still regularly wear shoes I had in high school. Aside from Mizunos, I haven't really bought shoes since my favorite shoe store closed 3 or 4 years ago.

2 comments:

  1. Can you post some pictures of your shoes? I'll pay for the shipping if you send me some that you don't wear anymore! What size ae you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wear them all!!! Except the old running shoes and the uncomfortable ones. Running shoes are size 11, others are 10. Is this a loophole to get new clothing without buying it? great plan :D

    ReplyDelete