Saturday, September 22, 2012

Running tip #1

Just for fun, I thought I'd share the running tips I've put together over 2 years. There are an unlimited number of websites that have the same information, but here's my take on it:


Running tip of the day #1: Buy a sweatshirt or jacket, hat and gloves at the Salvation Army to wear before the race. Due to construction, parking, and 20,000+ people, all the logistics take time and it's better to get to the race hours early, rather than be close. I arrived at the 2010 Detroit Free Press around 5:30 am and it was really cold! Wear the stuff for a few miles, then toss it to the side of the road and charities collect it all - mountains of clothing! - and donate it back to charity. Some people like to cut a hole in a garbage bag and wear it like a poncho. I haven't tried that idea yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment