Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The great albeit humid run

Tuesday was back to work day. I closed my eyes for a few minutes after then set out for my "short" 5-miler at 6:45 pm. It was still sunny, still 78 degrees and 82% relative humidity. Yuck! "It's not the heat! It's the humidity...."

For some reason I tend to run really well in the super humid weather, most likely because it's so gross that I just want to be done with it! Tuesday was no different. Hal said to do 5 miles, so I did my "5-mile" loop. Carmenita only gave me credit for 4.8, but mapmyrun was more generous with 5.15. The average distance I used was 4.97.

Final time was 48:06, so I was well under 10 minutes per mile. It was hard and painful to get there, but no one said it would be easy. If it was, everyone would be marathoners.

By mile 2 I was DRENCHED in sweat but it felt so good to run 5 hard miles and be no worse for the wear. My body felt GREAT. All my joints were good, all my muscles were good. What a great run!!!

Wednesday morning wasn't nearly as great. I didn't start work until noon and had plans after, so I set my alarm for 8 am, so as to run my 8 miles before work. I did it last Wednesday and it was fine. This time, I was super tired and kept thinking of all the dumb errands I had to do before work. I gave in this morning and I know Thursday is another non-running day because of my work schedule. Hal has it as an easier week and I'm definitely abusing it :(

1 comment:

  1. I had my best 5 mile run on a hott and humid day too. I wonder what there is to it? Maybe we dread it so much that it causes us to perform better, who knows! Congrats on a great run, either way!

    ReplyDelete