Tuesday, January 22, 2013

COLD!!!!

I can't really complain too much about the weather this winter and all of last winter. Today, however, brrrrr!!!! The temperature ranged from 4 degrees to 10 degrees, and the wind chill was anywhere from -19 degrees to -11 degrees. I wore my warmest clothing to school and still used my down jacket as a lap blanket most of the day. After walking from the car to the building, my feet were numb. And it's Tuesday, which is a running day...

Hal said to do 3 miles. That was no problem whatsoever. The insane freezing temperature and wind were the problem! Could I have run outside? Sure, but why? Being outside today would have crossed the line from dedicated to dangerous. The risk of hypothermia or frostbite was much greater than any benefit I would garner from a piddly little 3-miler.

I still wanted to work my body, work my cardiovascular system, so I went to the gym and tried my hardest to shut off my brain on the DREADmill. Yes, it sucked, but afterward I felt sooooooo good and so glad I went!!! It would have been easy to ditch the run and blame the weather but I made myself go and I feel great!

Now I'm looking forward to the balmy 24 degree forecast on Saturday haha

By the way, I'm looking for a way to carry my camera in races, without the bulk of a water belt. Any ideas? It's about the size of a credit card, with a thickness of 3/4". I'd like something more accessible than duct taping it to my body...

3 comments:

  1. Michelle I LOVE my Amphipod belt. It does not hold water but it is super light weight, mesh and has a zipper pocket with 2 pockets in it. I put my chomps, phone, or camera in it. It is very flat and I HATE things on my waste but LOVE this because it is not cumbersome at all.
    http://www.amphipod.com/products/holders/music/electronics/airflow-lite

    Nita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the suggestion! I should probably just take my camera to REI and peruse the selection :)

      Delete
  2. Check out the SPIbelt. $17 w/ runblogger10 coupon coode on Running Warehouse.

    ReplyDelete