Monday, January 14, 2013

Finishing a marathon in 4 steps

I don't normally post race pictures because they're the copyright of the photographer. I ordered a few from Columbia City, however, and since I paid for them, they're now mine to do with as I please.

So...finishing a marathon in 4 steps.

Step 1 - Raise your arms as you cross the finish line. Notice the timer starts with a 4!!!!


Step 2 - Instantly start crying with happiness and relief at finally finishing the goal after 11 months and 9 days.


Step 3 - Be overcome with emotion (and exhaustion and pain) and lay down on the street until ready to move again.


Step 4 - Drink some chocolate milk, eat some homemade soup and shuffle to the car for the camera, then return to take photos looking a little more alive :)

Number 6, baby!!! :)
Was it worth it? Absolutely!!!!!!! On December 30th, Ironman asked what was my best memory from 2012. Did he even need to ask? 4:58:09! He then asked what else? Ummm did you not hear me? 4:58:09!!!!! I worked at it for 11 months and 9 days, not to mention the training in October - December 2011. Best memory, greatest accomplishment of the year! Let's see what 2013 brings.... 

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, I am honesty smiling with tears in my eyes for you. I felt like I ran this marathon with you! The pictures are worth a thousand words but your words are DEAD ON! Congratulations! An incredible accomplishment!!
    So happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete