Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Healthy food for lazy girls

I don't love cooking. I CAN cook, but I live alone, so I don't see much reason to make a big meal for myself, when food serves one purpose, which is to provide FUEL to run. It doesn't faze me to eat the same thing for a week, so here's something I came up with last week:

The lazy girl's Mexican chicken soup

- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained and rinsed
- cooked chicken - I used a rotisserie, canned chicken would work, Tyson pre-cooked slices, leftovers etc.
- 1 serving cooked brown rice
- 1 can diced tomatoes, not drained
- green pepper and/or onion as desired
- 1 box chicken broth

Mix in big pot. Add preferred spices. Add more liquid if you want it more soupy. Heat and eat!

For spices all I used was a healthy shake of chipotle powder. Serve with salsa or a pinch of cheese if that sounds good.

Happy healthy eating!!!

2 comments:

  1. I make a white chicken chili very similar. My manager had a great idea to make it a little thick and creamy with out the fat..Add a can of re-fried beans. Hers was really good too.

    ReplyDelete