I don't love cooking. I CAN cook, but I live alone, so I don't see much reason to make a big meal for myself, when food serves one purpose, which is to provide FUEL to run. It doesn't faze me to eat the same thing for a week, so here's something I came up with last week:
The lazy girl's Mexican chicken soup
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained and rinsed
- cooked chicken - I used a rotisserie, canned chicken would work, Tyson pre-cooked slices, leftovers etc.
- 1 serving cooked brown rice
- 1 can diced tomatoes, not drained
- green pepper and/or onion as desired
- 1 box chicken broth
Mix in big pot. Add preferred spices. Add more liquid if you want it more soupy. Heat and eat!
For spices all I used was a healthy shake of chipotle powder. Serve with salsa or a pinch of cheese if that sounds good.
Happy healthy eating!!!