Friday, January 11, 2013

I like antibiotics :D

I ran to the doctor the third day I was feeling symptoms of bronchitis. I'm generally more inclined to wait weeks or months and everything will fix itself eventually, but I really wasn't in the mood to be sick until February. Dr. K. said next time maybe wait a week so they can better tell if it's bacteria or virus. Ummm no thanks. The symptoms and sick pattern are always exactly the same. I can write a schedule of which symptoms will arise each day and it's miserable! I knew what it was, and what it would become. Did he want me to wait for it to become pneumonia before I came in???

He gave me a generic for Zithromax (Z-pack) and it's GREAT!!!!! I took the first two pills on day one, woke up the next day and felt like a new woman. The drugs blocked the cold from settling in and festering in my lungs, prevented me from waking up all night to cough up my lungs, prevented massive drainage of green snot. Why would I have waited a long miserable week???

The bottom of my right middle toe had been red and sore for a week or so. It felt like it was blistering, but there was no cause or reason for it. For some reason, it was just sore. Yeah, that fixed itself today as well.

My heart rate is back in its normal range and I don't feel it working hard, nor are my lungs working hard just to function.

Looking forward to running again on Saturday with my body 92% healthy and counting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment