Saturday, January 12, 2013

That's more like it!

It's Saturday, run day, and I made sure to run. No more resting, no more taking it easy. I might not jump back into 16 miles right away, but short, frequent runs are good.

Today was absolutely perfect weather-wise. It was mid-50s and I wore shorts, a long-sleeve t-shirt and knee socks. I was way overdressed. In January!!!! Whee!!! I read several places that low 50s is the ideal running temperature and after today I absolutely believe it. Can we bottle this weather and revisit it every weekend through May 5???

The actual run was hard and painful. My heart and lungs haven't worked as hard the past few weeks because I haven't been running much, if at all. Heart kept screaming that it was too much work. Legs were lazy as well. Hal said somewhere from 3-6 miles. Initially I had planned to do my "normal" 4.85, but I was fatigued after just over 1. So I changed it. Final distance was 3.5. Not great, but not terrible either for my first run post-cold. Hamstrings and glutes were still a little tight, but I'll keep working them with home yoga and deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment