Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Well I'm sure not running today >:(

I didn't run for seven extremely long days. Instead I did yoga, got a massage, and contorted my body into glute yoga positions 2-3 times a day, every day. Glutes and hamstrings are finally feeling better, about 97% perfect.

Sunday night...sigh...sore throat. Monday...sore ears...Tuesday full on cold. THIS SUCKS!!!!! Rather than let it linger as bronchitis for 3-4 weeks, I thought I'd take a more pro-active approach and called the doctor.

"Who do you normally see?" the receptionist asked at 8:10 am.

"Dr. C.," I said through a nose full of snot.

"She's actually booked all day. Did you want to see someone else?"

"YES!"

"You can see Dr. K. at 10:30 or Dr. P. at 12:45 or..."

"Dr. K.," I said. Then because I'm nosey, I looked at Oakwood's website, where they have pictures of all the doctors. Dr. K. looked about 20, and freshly out of medical school. Good thing I had my own diagnosis and treatment - bronchitis, antibiotics and the orange cough syrup with codeine.

He gave me the drugs I wanted and confirmed my diagnosis. The only point of concern - aside from my second bronchial infection in three months - was my pulse. My normal resting heart rate is 70 beats per minute, and I measure that while sitting or standing, getting ready to go to the gym. If I were laying down, I'm sure it would be in the 60s, where it should be for a runner. At the office today? 113 bpm!!!! I don't know how concerned Dr. K. was about that, but I definitely was. I have to bike hard for 15 minutes before I can raise it to 125. My heart is working as hard just to function now as it does for moderate exercise. Over the weekend I was winded after walking upstairs with a basket of laundry. Not good body!!!!! I put on my heart rate monitor and I'm still at 99 bpm :(

I feel like I've been hit by a Mack truck. How did I ever run the Free Press marathon feeling like this? Gah!!! I'm already in my pajamas at 4 pm, and planning to take a nap, wake up for the online Jeopardy! test at 8 pm, then take some codeine cough syrup to be completely knocked out for the night. Sucky sucky sucky.

Today was going to be a trial run to see how my glutes and hamstrings feel, but not like this. Not with a woozy head and mushy feeling behind my forehead bone. Grrrrrr I'm not a happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment