Saturday, February 16, 2013

Blizzard!!!

Today is one of my four monster runs before the Martian. Hal scheduled 17 for today and he says rearranging runs is fine, skipping a short run every so often is ok, but don't miss the long runs, no matter what. They're the crux of training. Knowing this, all week I mentally geared up for a 3-hour run today. I had planned to drive to Dearborn and run the same route as the Martian. Perhaps if I'm acclimated to the boredom of the course, it won't be such a shock on race day. Ironman said it didn't bother him because he often bikes on Hines Drive. The idea has merit.

Woke up, had breakfast, then starting putting together my running clothing when I happened to look outside. It's a freaking blizzard!!!!! Arrrrrrrgggghhhhhh!!!! I have NO good choices. Run in the blizzard? Wait for tomorrow? Run 3 hours on a dreadmill? THIS SUCKS!!!!


I'll probably use the treadmill for 3 hours, and whether that's 17 miles or not isn't essential. I hate using the machine though because I pour sweat, so much worse than I do in any temperature outside. Then I continually use a towel to mop up the sweat and my face gets all gross and dirty and dried out.

I should have woken up early and run before the blizzard :(

What a mess! Stupid Michigan!!!!

In other news, I booked my flight to Disney this morning. I depart Friday morning at 7:45, and depart for home Sunday night at 6 pm. I left huge time cushions on both flights in case of air traffic emergencies. Flying is an even bigger pain than snow :(

2 comments:

  1. How was YOUR RUN??? It was NUTS outside. I was at work and looked outside and was in awe at the beauty and at peace with being inside!

    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was MISERABLE!!! THREE HOURS on a dreadmill and I can't focus on the tv while I run, so no distraction. Hal would be proud :)

    ReplyDelete