Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I'm so OVER winter


Last winter was great. It barely snowed and I was able to run outside almost all winter, going inside only twice.

This winter is completely different and it SUCKS!!! I've lost count of how many times I've had to run inside and it's always awful!

Tuesday was another crappy weather induced indoor running day. It was 30 degrees, heavy rain that became sleet, high wind, just nasty. Grudgingly I went to the gym and hopped on the dreadmill.

Hal said to do 8. I did 5. Whatever. 5 mph is my comfortable pace on the dreadmill, so I set it at that and just kept going. And going. And going, until I was done. At first I started with the inner dialogue "I'll run a 5k then walk..... I'll walk 2 miles then walk.... 20 minutes and I can walk..."

Then when I got close to my "deadlines," I womaned up and kept going, and I found the longer I ran, the more determined I was to keep going and the easier it was to keep going. Inertia was working in my favor! The inner dialogue became "26 minutes to go... 17 more..." The last 10 minutes I maintained the speed and ramped up the incline to a 4.

It was great to run an hour without any walking, but I'm sooooooo over it!!! Unfortunately tomorrow is looking like another dreadmill day. Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment