Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Breaking the streak?

I've never run a half marathon. I did several 5Ks, two 8Ks then the marathons. I've never done a 10K either, but that doesn't seem as odd. Most people go from 5K to 10K to half to full, but I do things my own way :) It's gotten to be a fun little game - how many fulls can I do before my first half? I've been planning the Donald Duck half as the first part of the Goofy to be my first (only?) half.

Then I read one of Hal's tweets: "Join me at the Blue Grass Half Marathon in Lexington, KY on March 30, a run through Horse Country. I'm doing the 7. "


Why oh why oh why did I read that??? I want to go meet Hal!!!! He'll be at the expo and I really want to meet him!


Hal???
He has me running 12 miles that day as the first taper week, so doing 13 wouldn't interfere with my tapering in any way.

Yet it makes NO rational sense to drive 5 1/2 hours and pay close to $100 to run something I could run at home. Assuming I did it, would I even hang the medal on my hanger? Or is that reserved for full marathon medals? If I commit to a marathon in every state, this wouldn't even count because I would do 50 MARATHONS, not halfs, so I'd have to go back to Kentucky anyway.

What to do...What to do?

As with anything running related, I hashed it out with Indy.

I texted this morning, "HAL is going to be at a half in Lexington on March 30. He says to run 12 that weekend anyway. I rly want to meet him, but do I break my no half streak??"

"It's Hal - you should break it for your running guru. Soooooo obvious an answer. Don't doubt yourself. It's Hal!" he said.

When I mentioned it not making any sense because I could run it at home, he had an answer for that as well, "Makes perfect sense. It's Hal!"

Ooooooh I don't know! It won't interfere with work in any way, and I would be home in time for Easter Sunday church. It's not rational, not at all, but it's HAL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment