Friday, March 15, 2013

The week I just didn't have it

Hal's schedule for me this week is 5-5-8-12. To date I've done 3-3-nothing. The big 20 miler on Saturday wasn't too difficult (in a relative sense), but these short ones are killing me.

Tuesday I was supposed to do 5 miles, but the weather was nasty, 100% gray and freezing cold. I have a really difficult time getting motivated when there is NO sun. Wednesday was the same, but add in the time constraint of having to go to night school. The run isn't the problem, it's having to shower and get dressed but still eat dinner and get to work on time. Wednesday became another better-than-nothing day.

Thursday I was exhausted and dragging. It was sunny and mid 30s, but I just didn't have an 8 mile run in my body. Much more enticing was cooking dinner and laying down to watch the UMich basketball game. I got home from work at 9:40 and was in bed by 9:55.

Saturday is "only" a 12-miler. Somehow the long runs get done, one way or another. I should worry less about logging miles during the week and focus on speed work and hills at this point. My cardio ability is ready, my legs are ready, so I need to get them moving faster! The faster I run, the sooner I'm done!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment