Sunday, April 7, 2013

T-minus 6 days


Something really nice about the Martian is that it's so close to home that I don't have to worry about traveling. I can run up to the expo on Friday and pick up my race number, so that will be one less thing to worry about on race day. Then I can sleep in my own bed, and have a 10-minute drive to the race. I don't love how small it is, but there's a lot less congestion to deal with at a small race, so it'll be a good way to start the season.

The forecast looks good so far - I've seen temperature estimates from 45-63, but every one so far is SUNNY!!!! I'm going to try and not look too often because the weather is the one thing I can't control and knowing it's a bad forecast will make me crazy.

So this week will be quiet. I have a box of 100 surgical masks and I won't hesitate to wear one if a student even sniffles once. They can laugh all they want, but I'm not running another sick marathon!!!

I'm doing my laundry now so I have everything ready, down to my favorite running undies haha Hal has me running 3 miles on Tuesday, 2 on Wednesday and that's it. Yoga on Friday, then immediately to bed!

The only wrinkle is the UMich game on Monday night that will keep me up past my 11 pm bedtime. It hasn't happened in 20 years though, so I can force myself to stay up and watch it :) I do plan to watch it from home though so I can be in my pjs and go to bed three minutes after the final buzzer.

My food is ready. Everything is coming together for the crazy race month to begin :)

My goal is to PR by 10 minutes sometime this spring. I've always thought it would be at Toledo because it's such a great course - flat and downhill, but maybe I'll hit it at the Martian and get it out of the way! I've done my training, now wait for everything to come together on race day.

After I ran 4 miles at a 9:17 average on Wednesday, my friend said I deserved that good of a time, as if it just happened. I said I worked hard for it!!! When my training, my weight loss, and the weather all come together, like that day, only great things can happen!

1 comment:

  1. Great POST, I am so excited for you. Crazy how it is already almost here! You got your plan down, Love the MASKS!

    ReplyDelete