Friday, May 3, 2013

Makin' a list, checkin' it twice

I'm really excited for the Flying Pig marathon. Of the 10 I'm doing this year, I've been most looking forward to the FP. All their updates keep promising 100+ entertainers on the course!!! Past participants have said Elvis makes an appearance every year, and as a 4-way participant, I believe I'm getting 4 shirts and 3 medals.

Before any of that, however, I have to pack. What a pain! I have to take all the normal vacation stuff, plus everything I'll need to run in any conditions and recover. Here's my list:

2 shorts
2 socks
shoes
2 shirts
2 undies
blue headband
visor
sunglasses
2 bras
vaseline
watch
iPod
chargers (watch, iPod, iPad)
sunblock
camera
belt
2 gel bites
2 ramen noodles
breakfast food
2 Red Bull
foam roller
acetaminophen
foil
flipflops
laptop and charger
movie
cosmetics
book
pumice stone
phone charger
vitamin d
PJs
slippers
swimsuit
heating pad
thrift store jacket
mylar blanket

It's a good thing everything is so small!!!!

I have three separate race numbers and 3 separate goals for this weekend:

10k
Number: 29313
Goal: break 1 hour (I've never done a 10k)

5k
Number: 35313
Goal: break 30 minutes (haven't done a 5k in at least ten years)

Marathon
Number: 46015
Goal: break 5 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment