Sunday, June 2, 2013

Technique training?

I had company again for my Saturday run, which is great and always welcome. I forgot my watch though, and we weren't running in my neighborhood, so I had no idea the distance or pace, we just ran what felt good. Toward the end we stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few things, then walked home for a healthy dinner.

Well I got bored of walking after just a few steps, so I started "jogging" alongside my friend who was stuck carrying the grocery bag. Mostly I wanted to keep my heart and lungs working, then I realized that by going really really slow, I was able to focus on my form and technique.

I focused on keeping my hands low and at my hips, then moving my arms straight back and forth. Going so slow ensured I was landing on my entire foot, not letting my heel sneak in for the landing. I was "running" with my mouth closed and still getting enough oxygen. I was doing everything right!!!! The only problem is that I was going a 16:00 mile.

I don't know if there was any real benefit to my "technique training," but I figure it can't hurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment