Friday, October 25, 2013

Post-race SICK!!!!

It's somewhat common for runners to get sick during the taper phase right before their races, when stress and anxiety combine with a change in routine. I managed to stay healthy before both my fall marathons, but for the first time, suffered post-race flu!!!!! Gah it was awful!!!

I started feeling not quite right on Wednesday before bed, then was up every single hour through the night. I "woke up" at 8 on Thursday, and spent the entire day on the couch watching a Walking Dead marathon and sleeping. I was awake less than four hours all day.

The really weird thing is that my legs were aching! They felt worse with the flu than they did during and after the marathon. I can only assume it was caused by incredible dehydration.

So glad I don't have a race this weekend!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon. Not the best way to force yourself to rest after your marathon. LOL!! It must be going around. My little girl has been sick all week and I am starting to come down with a cold too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Awful way to rest, horrible way to lose weight :( Bf actually asked how I'm going to travel and run a marathon next weekend. Not the question to ask!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh man Michelle, I hear ya. This has happened to me a lot more lately. I got sick with a bout of vertigo Friday before Detroit. I am so happy you didn't have a race. I hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was a miserable 24 hours, but it ended quickly! The sinus infection is taking a little longer :(

      Delete