Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas gifts for runners

It's funny. Christmas was the first time Bill and I gave each other gifts and they were all about running :) I want to support his foray into running and he wants to support my habit. I knew months ago that I wanted to get him a gps watch. I knew if he chose his own, he would spend months researching different watches, trying them on, reading reviews, and wouldn't get one. So I fast forwarded all the legwork and got him a Garmin 10. It doesn't have a heart rate monitor, but has two features I really like - you can preset a run-walk pattern and it'll beep when you need to change, and you can preset your pace and it'll tell you when you're going too fast or too slow.

I have running pants but I don't like them because they're too short, both in the legs and over my stomach, so he went to Athleta and bought me a pair of tall running pants, and a pink running shirt. It has a floral pattern on the shoulders and sides, so it actually looks like a woman's shirt (unlike my blue one that i got from the men's dept...). The shirt is tall as well, so the sleeves are long enough!!!!! Whee!!!! The forecast is looking to be upper 30s tomorrow, so I'll try out everything then. He also paid my entry fee into the Toledo and Detroit marathons :)

Something else I was given - not for Christmas, but because I work with a nice woman - is a pair of Christmas Story sleep pants. I told her about the race and the "major award." Then the next time I saw her, she had a pair of pants that had been her daughter's. They're super cute, but too small and too short. They're a child size medium - anyone want them? Ho Ho Ho :D

4 comments:

  1. MIchelle, You sound like you have a great guy. I love that he got you all running goodies. I laugh when people say that I am hard to buy for. With a hobbie like running there a million different gifts. I love your new running outfit. I have been wanting to try and make it out to the new Athleta store. I have had a few people day they like it better than Lululemon.
    Merry Christmas! And Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, he's great :) Even better than paying my entry to the races, I know he'll be there at the finish line with a Hello Kitty sign for me :) Tried out the new gear today and it's GREAT!!!! I LOVE that it's tall enough and everything was cozy warm without being too hot.

      Delete
  2. I bought my husband a golf ball muscle roller, he’s been wanting one for awhile and i finally found one for a good price!! http://zzathletics.com/Golf-Ball-Muscle-Roller-Massager-GBMR1.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete