Sunday, February 2, 2014

2014 Plans

I don't set New Year's resolutions. If I want to do something new or better, I start immediately. Every year, month, week, day, hour, minute, second is a chance to start over. What works for me is each January I take a few weeks and put some thought into what I'm going to accomplish that year.

Here's my 2014 list:

1. Run a marathon PR
2. Run a half marathon PR
3. Run a 10k under 60:00
4. Weigh and maintain x pounds
5. Save and maintain $x in bank account.

My race plans thus far are limited to two spring marathons (Toledo and Cincinnati) and two fall marathons, unless by some possible way I win the lottery for both Chicago and New York, then it'll be three. The more realistic plan is Detroit and Columbia City. I registered for Detroit, but I'm holding off on CC until I hear about the lotteries. I can register two days beforehand for the same price it is now ($60).

The only half I'm doing so far is the Rock CF half on Grosse Ile mainly because I like the shirt and it coincides with a 12-mile training run. I'll probably do a few more halfs, but nothing is definite yet.

My short races are the 5k and 10k as part of the Cincinnati 4-way challenge. This is probably it for the short distances, which means I have one chance at plan #3. Last year's Cincinnati 10k was my very first 10k, on the heels of three marathons in three weeks, and I managed a 60:33 so I really should be able to do it. If not I'll find another 10k and try again.

4 comments:

  1. I love Rock CF. I've run it every year and have PR-ed there twice. I hope to PR this year too. Plus Emily is a kick-ass race coordinator!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear! I'll look for you! I'm volunteering Saturday as well setting up the starting area - hope it isn't snowing!!!

      Delete
  2. You have 2 races you are doing the lottery for. Hmm. I am thinking you get into at least 1!!! When will you find out??? I will be rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) ill hear from NY in mid march and Chicago in mid April. Both would be a little expensive, but I won't say no if I win :)

      Delete