Tuesday, April 8, 2014

I pretty much guaranteed the weather will suck

After the last two years of pure misery at the Martian marathon (due almost entirely to gross awful nasty weather), I swore I wouldn't enter again unless it was the day before and the weather looked GREAT.

The final price increase is Thursday at noon, but obviously the spring fever was messing with my brain because I entered the half on Tuesday. I had a $30 voucher from volunteering at the Shamrocks and Shenanigans, and yeah, the sunshine and fresh air were affecting my logical thought processes. Almost immediately thereafter it got cloudy and a few sprinkles fell tonight.

Yep, the Martian and I are a bad combination and almost a complete guarantee it'll be cold, 100% cloud cover and probably snowing.

At least my blue martian head medal will look cute playing in the snow. He'll match my skin while I run :(

Aside from the weather, I turn 35 in a few days and this is my last chance to run in the 30-34 age group. All my marathons and halfs have been in that group and I'm not ready to go up to the 35-39 group :(

No comments:

Post a Comment