Saturday, October 4, 2014

T-minus 1 week

Chicago (aka the biggest race of my life) is one week away. I feel ready and wish it was this weekend!!!! Waiting another week increases the chance of the weather getting worse and the likelihood of getting sick again.

The plan for the week is:
1. go to bed early every night!!!
2. Avoid student germs!!! (wear a blue surgical mask as needed - they can laugh at me, I don't care)
3. Start carb loading in a few days, otherwise eat super healthy and naturally

I'm getting super excited for this one! I haven't been this excited for a race since fall 2012. I wound up running the Free Press with a head cold that year, but even with that, it was my best running season. I had my 3rd best time ever at the Free Press, then PRed at Columbia City, and I feel tons stronger this fall. I've certainly never trained harder for a race. Fingers crossed! Let's do this!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you. I love Chicago. It was my very first marathon. So, naturally it has a special place in my heart. It was also the first time I thought I was Literally going to die. The pacers there are incredible. You have several. If it was not for those pacer I would have probably quit.
    And you are running Detroit right after that, You are a rockstar! Cant wait for the recap!

    ReplyDelete