Sunday, November 2, 2014

What's next?

I put a lot of thought into my running plans for the immediate future. What seemed perfectly reasonable was to run Cincinnati, because it's my absolute favorite spring race, then.... nothing. Maybe a few halfs, but a solid season off.

Then I wrote my recap of the Chicago marathon and I really really want to do it again!!!! Every single person who heard me say I'm retiring didn't believe me. They all said I'd change my mind in a few weeks. They were right. The day after the Detroit marathon, I wore my race shirt to work and another teacher - who has done five marathons - asked "You didn't run again, did you??" I finally admitted the truth: "I have a little bit of a problem with entering too many races."

Back in the lottery, back in the waiting game. Altho, what if Chicago doesn't pick me....? I  don't have a plan B.

No comments:

Post a Comment