Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Sick sick sick

So far I've run a whopping 28.97 miles in December. That's about half of a normal week when I'm fully immersed with the Hansons program. I'm not actively training, just maintaining a little, and I've been sick all. month. long.

I woke up on November 30 with a sore throat, which is always the first sign that a cold is coming. The cold lasted about a week, then the drainage problem was mostly gone, but the hacking cough at night remained. The next day it started all over again with another sore throat and kept happening for the entire month.

I'm so sick of it.

I've gotten to the point that I run when it's sunny. I can't wait until I feel well, because that hasn't happened since before Thanksgiving. I don't feel any better after a run, but I don't feel worse either, so I force myself to get it done. If I keep my gaze steady and don't keep looking up or down, the wooziness doesn't seem to bother me...

It's mid-40s today, but now that I'm ready to run, it's raining. I don't start training until next week, so I guess this is another non-run day. So sick of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment