Sunday, December 14, 2014

The shoe shopping scavenger hunt

Merry Christmas to me
After I found eight pairs of Mizuno 13s for about $60 each, I have it in my head that I should always be able to find running shoes for around that price. I can't fathom paying the sticker price of $129 for one pair that will last about six months, so after I tried out my new Mizuno 18s and determined them satisfactory, I began scouring Amazon, Zappos, etc. for a price I was willing to pay.

The week after Thanksgiving, Amazon had them for $111.06 each, and
clothing purchases over $100 were eligible for a 30% discount, which brought them down to $77.74 each. Then I used my credit card points to subtract $19.90 total. Amazon doesn't charge sales tax in Michigan, and I spent enough to get free shipping. Final price: $69.79 each. Nice :)

I opened my last pair of 13s in October, and along with the pair of 18s I bought at the Ann Arbor Running Company, I have four good pairs of shoes, so I'm set until spring 2017. I'll keep looking though because the 18s are pretty much the most comfortable running shoes I've ever worn. And they're so pretty!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment