Thursday, December 18, 2014

This weather is killing my running! grrr

According to the calendar, it's still fall. Go outside though, and anyone will say it's winter, and it's killing my running!!! I haven't run since Monday because the average temperature has been about 28 degrees, with an average windchill of 19. There has been NO sun all week and it's killing me! I have no motivation or desire whatsoever to run. I just can't get excited about going outside in the cold nasty gross weather, yet I want no part of the TM either. So rather than choose between two bad options, I'm just not running right now. The forecast says it should be in the upper 30s this weekend and sunny, but they also forecast sun for today, and they've proven themselves to be incompetent lying pieces of stuff once again >:(

If I were actively training, it would be different because I get in the mindset that I HAVE to do the prescribed run, regardless of whether or not I want to. My maintenance plan between Chicago and training for the Pig has been 3-4 times a week, usually around a 5k, sometimes a little more, but never less. With this gross weather, I come home from work, lock the doors, put on my PJs and don't leave until the next day. grrr I HATE this weather!!!!!!!

The worst part is that I KNOW how ridiculous I'm being. A 5k takes less than 30 minutes, or about 2% of my entire day. I always feel better after a run, but I still can't bring myself to do it! Then I get cranky with myself because I can't woman up and get it done. If it were sunny, I could totally handle the cold, but this dark at 3:30 pm nonsense is ruining everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment