Sunday, February 22, 2015

The great fear

I think I've finally figured out why I keep entering both spring and fall races every year. I know how easy it'll be to fall out of the training mode, and I'm worried that if I don't train one season, I'll never get back to it. Getting out of training mode is a whole lot easier than getting into the training mind-set. So long as I'm constantly training, I never have to get back into it.

Although I've been invited to visit Vietnam with a former student this summer, and I applied for a 6-week job in Virginia, so either of those might make me forget all about training. We'll see. At this point I have no fall races planned, but I'm entering the lotteries for the Marine Corps and Chicago and will know about those sometime in April.

Toward the end of the half in Myrtle Beach, all I kept thinking was how much I like the half distance :D I fear if I focus on that distance, I'll never run another full. Maybe an even 20 is a good stopping point?

No comments:

Post a Comment