Thursday, April 16, 2015

The emergency day off

One of my favorite things about my Thursday school is that it's less than 2 miles from home, so I can zip home, eat lunch, and make it back within 30 minutes. The comfort of home is just wonderful in the middle of the day. Today, however, was a lot less wonderful than usual. My little kitty was in her litter box three times, and seemed to be looking for other places to use as well. When I observed her in the box, she only produced about 3 drops of urine. Then I noticed a drop of blood in the chair where she likes to sit and watch the world.

So I called the vet and asked for confirmation of a bladder infection. Three hours later, we were on our way to the vet, hoping it was "just" an infection, but knowing it could be bladder cancer, a tumor, anything. She's already 15, so I have to be mindful of what I'm willing to pay, both financially, and in terms of the toll it would take on her body.

Traffic was bad. We didn't make it home until after 7, and it was raining. Definitely not a day to force myself to do a speed workout. Comfort food and pajamas were more my speed. Besides, ONE 5-mile run isn't going to make any difference either way. Taking care of ourselves is more beneficial, given the day we had.
My sweetie on a happier day

2 comments:

  1. How is Your Kitty? Poor thing. Hope she is better. 15 years is incredible, shows she is well loved~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. She is acting so perfectly fine it makes me feel like I imagined everything. I'm going to give her a spanking! Or a time out! haha

      Delete