Sunday, August 23, 2015

Disappointed :(

The Hansons wanted me to run 5 miles today. Life had other plans. Granted, I could have made time to run, but I wanted to have a fun adventure, and I want to get more than 4 hours of sleep.

I didn't sleep great last night. I woke up at midnight with a few crazy minutes of sleep paralysis, then never really went back into deep sleep. Work started at 4am....

By the time I finished working, I hadn't gotten around to eating anything yet. Bill had mentioned going out for breakfast, so I waited and had a big breakfast with him. Then we had plans to go to the Civil War Muster (re-enactment) in Jackson. It was done at 3pm, so we didn't have a lot of time to dilly dally beforehand.

By the time we got back to his place at 4pm, I was so zonked that I crashed and napped for a few minutes. 30 minutes later I still had illusions of running my 5 miles, but I had to drive home, and I had to eat something! By this point, I hadn't eaten in over 6 hours.

Dinner was done at 6:30, work starts at 4am again tomorrow and there's a tornado warning. Yeah, I could force a run to happen, but the weather sounds questionable, driving to the gym would add 40 minutes, and it takes me a couple hours to wind down and sleep after a run. Besides, when I'm really really sleep deprived and run-down, I'm more likely to get sick, which would harm my running a whole lot more than 1 missed run. And I have 2 vacays coming up! I don't have time to be sick!!!!

I know skipping ONE run isn't the end of the world, and it won't kill my training. Tomorrow is another day and all that, but I'm still bummed. Grumble grumble complain.

2 comments:

  1. And maybe just maybe, your body was telling you something! I bet you have an incredible run the next time you lace up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right you are, my friend. The tornado warning was God's way of saying TAKE A BREAK!!!! My Saturday run was horrendous bc I was so exhausted.

      Delete