Friday, September 25, 2015

Life happened

The Hansons wanted me to run 5 miles on Thursday and 8 on Friday this week. I did zero. I'm not sick, not injured, not on vacation. Life happened.

On Thursday I worked 4am-3:30 pm, then had a hair appointment. The only convenient day for me to do dippy time-consuming errands is Tuesday, but my hair stylist doesn't work Tuesdays, and after seeing her for 15+ years, I'm not letting anyone else touch my hair! Then I had to pick up a sympathy card and I didn't get home until almost 7, which was pretty much my bedtime. Besides, it was getting dark, so the gym would have been my only option, which would have added probably 35 minutes of driving time, not to mention running that late would interfere with falling asleep at a decent hour.

Friday I got to "sleep in" and worked 7:45-2:45. I rushed home to change into my funeral dress and drove up to Troy to see my bestie for an hour at her father's viewing. Then Bill and I had dinner with my dad, and I got home close to 8. Again, gym would be the only option and I just didn't care enough to invest the drive time. Besides, I'm exhausted.

I'll get back with the program tomorrow, maybe extend Saturday and Sunday a few miles further than they recommend. The break might be for the best, my body has felt exhausted and generally beat-up. I have to toe the line between training really hard, and training too hard and getting run down, which makes me susceptible to student germs. We're too close to the race now for me to have time to be sick, get well, and recover my lung capability. At this point, I have to stay healthy until it's over!!!! 15 days to go!!!!! I want it to be over, and as soon as it is, I'll miss it lol

No comments:

Post a Comment