Monday, October 5, 2015

It's the final countdown

The race is in less than a week!!!! It feels like I've been waiting forever, but at the same time, I can't believe it's already here!

I don't feel great. I went to bed at 8, which would be great, but I had to wake up at 3:50, so I didn't really get any extra sleep. I felt tons more exhausted than normal, had a slight sore throat, and couldn't keep my eyes open. As soon as the morning job ended, I went back to bed!!!! (My students were all doing standardized testing, so I wouldn't have been able to see them anyway). I slept on and off until 11:30 and feel marginally better. Slight headache, very slight sore throat. About to go run my "easy" 5 and go to bed!

I'm wearing my last new pair of turquoise shoes today. The old ones are still perfectly fine, but the new ones feel like clouds under my feet, and I'm all about comfortable feet during a race!!!! I'll wear them for my 16 total miles this week, and be good to go on race day.

This week is all about sleeping!!!! My goal is to be in bed, with my phone call to Bill over, and my lights out before 8pm. School is closed on Friday, and I could work in a different district, but I'd much rather have that extra day to sleep in and relax and not be exposed to germs!!!

My house is a mess - that can wait. I need to put away clean laundry - that can wait. Everything that isn't work or running can wait. I have priorities here!!!! I already picked up my pre-race food. I need to schedule a massage, and make sure I go to yoga on Friday. Then on Saturday, time to go!!!!! Yes, we're stopping at The Chocolate Garden - is that not one of the main reasons to drive ourselves???

The early forecast looks GREAT!!! Mid-50s at the start, low to mid-60s at the end, and SUNNY!!!!! Mid-60s is a little warm, but the summer has been warm and I trained through it. Now that I know the weather, I know what I'm going to wear (pink tank, purple and green skirt, green knee socks). I had 3 shirts and 2 bottoms picked out, all weather dependent. I'll probably pack everything, just in case :)

I'm sooooooooooo excited!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment